Quote of the day
"Our destiny is bound up in the quality of our being rather than the list
of things we know how to do. The doing grows out of the being."
--Hilda Lee Dail
I have a text file that holds many quotes I find inspirational, comforting.
Re: my last blog, I am struggling with vague feelings of inadequacy. The quote above is, quite simply, the perfect tonic. The quality of my being is important, not a meaningless set of credentials. Obviously the quality of my remembering leaves something to be desired though! Why do I retrace steps that I've already taken? I can only resolve to remember my own counsel in the future.
Hilda Lee Dail's book, the Lotus & the Pool , helped me immensely a number of years ago when I went through this same funk. It was pointed out to me by a complete stranger in a bookstore and I bought it out of desperation. It ended up changing my life as I knew it then.
Sadly, I discovered that Ms. Dial passed away earlier this year but not
before she did some wonderful work in helping those whose sense of themselves had been mangled.
A good life well lived. Thank you Ms. Dial.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home